Cultural Heritage grants awarded
The State Historical Society of North Dakota has awarded more than $224,000 in Cultural Heritage Grants for the coming year to 27 eligible organizations and homeowners throughout the state. Under the guidelines for Cultural Heritage Grants, a maximum of $20,000 is available per grant, with a dollar-for-dollar match requirement either in cash or in-kind services. Funding for this round of grants was approved by the 2013 Legislative Assembly.
Grants were awarded to:
* City of Ashley, Ashley Fire Hall building, $17,315
* Enderlin Historical Society and Museum, purchase and installation of air handling and dehumidifier, $6,544
* Foster County Courthouse, Foster County Courthouse floor restoration, $6,500
* Tri-County Tourism Alliance, The Women Behind the Plow, $4,750
* Valley City Parks & Recreation, City Park Band Shell foundation stabilization, $20,000
* Wells County Historical Society, recording one-room schools, $3,000
The next round of Cultural Heritage Grants will take place in February.