Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wash. state

News Jamestown,North Dakota 58401 http://www.jamestownsun.com/sites/all/themes/jamestownsun_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Jamestown Sun
Dog blamed for apartment fire in Wash. state
Jamestown North Dakota 121 3rd St NW 58401

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.

Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw.

Yaple says the residents were not at home when fire crews arrived.

He says emergency crews were able to revive the dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

Wenatchee, a city of more than 30,000, is about 130 miles from Seattle.

Associated Press
Advertisement