Ecumenical Lenten services Wednesdays
The Jamestown Ministerial Association will again host ecumenical Lenten services.
A freewill donation will be collected at the door to cover the lunch expenses and also assist the Homeless Coalition of Jamestown.
All are invited to attend. The front entrance of Ave Maria may be used, and the service will be in its new chapel.
This year’s theme for the Lenten services is that of service, based on the Sermon on the Mount from the Gospel of Matthew. A simple soup and sandwich lunch will be served at each service site at 11:45 a.m. and services will begin at 12:15 p.m. Services will be no longer than 30 minutes, allowing people to return to work by 1 p.m.
* March 19, Temple Baptist Church, “I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink”
* March 26, St. James Basilica, “I was a stranger and you welcomed me”
* April 2, First Congregational United Church of Christ, “I was naked and you gave me clothing”
* April 9, Trinity Lutheran Church, “I was sick and you took care of me”
* April 18, Good Friday theme, location to be announced, “I was in prison and you visited me”