Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Fatal Aug. 14 fire in Grand Forks started on stove

News Jamestown,North Dakota 58401 http://www.jamestownsun.com/sites/all/themes/jamestownsun_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Jamestown Sun
Fatal Aug. 14 fire in Grand Forks started on stove
Jamestown North Dakota 121 3rd St NW 58401

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) -- Investigators say a house fire in which a retired Grand Forks attorney died started on the kitchen stove and spread to nearby combustibles and the kitchen cabinets.

Eighty-six-year-old Fred Arnason died Aug. 14. He was a former assistant Grand Forks County prosecutor who later started a private law practice.

Grand Forks fire officials have ruled the fire accidental.

Advertisement
randomness