Medora Musical worker burned
MEDORA, N.D. (AP) -- A worker at the Medora Musical is recovering after suffering first- and second-degree burns to her face, neck, arm and body.
Twenty-two-year-old Kathy Yu, who is from Taiwan, was injured last Thursday and underwent a skin graft Sunday at a Dickinson hospital. Yu said doctors have told her she will not have permanent scarring, but she might need more skin grafts.
A manager for the musical, Jeremiah Swenson, said Yu was carrying a box with four mortars to be used during a pyrotechnics scene when two of them detonated, possibly because of static electricity. He said Yu's shirt and hair caught on fire.
No official police report has yet been filed about the incident.