No one hurt in North Dakota jail fire
FARGO, N.D. (AP) -- Authorities say a kitchen fire in the Cass County Jail started in a garbage can and isn't suspicious.
Sheriff's Capt. Rick Majerus tells KFGO radio that investigators think discarded aluminum foil, chemicals and other material might have reacted and started the Sunday afternoon blaze. He says no one had been in the kitchen for a couple of hours before the fire was discovered.
Authorities say damage was minimal, and no one was hurt. Staff with fire extinguishers put out the blaze, and the fire and smoke was contained to the kitchen area.