Nominations sought for N.D. tourism awards
Nominations are being accepted for the North Dakota Governor’s Awards for Travel and Tourism. These annual awards recognize outstanding tourism leaders, events and attractions in the state. The awards will be presented at the 2014 North Dakota Travel Industry Conference April 14-16 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fargo.
Nominations can be submitted online at http://www.ndtourism.com/travel-industry-confer ence-awards-nomination-form. The deadline is March 14.
Categories for annual awards include:
* Front-line Tourism Employee — Nominations should be made by employer, recognizing an individual who provides outstanding customer service to tourists and visitors on a daily basis.
* Tourist Attraction of the Year — Public or private attraction that has demonstrated involvement in local, regional and/or state tourism initiatives.
* Behind the Scenes Tourism Employee — Individual who provides outstanding service behind the scenes in tourism-related businesses.
* Event of the Year — The host organization may be public or private but must have demonstrated involvement in local, regional and/or state tourism initiatives. Measurable economic impact, as well as attendance figures, should be documented in addition to an effective marketing program.
Categories that may be awarded annually include:
* International Tourism Award — Public or private tourism entity or person that has demonstrated positive results for the business, local community or statewide in the international market.
* Travel and Tourism Industry Leader — Individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the tourism industry locally, regionally or statewide.
* Tourism Organization of the Year — Presented to an organization, such as a public tourism attraction, public recreation area, convention and visitors bureau, chamber of commerce, etc., that has demonstrated a positive impact on the local, regional or statewide tourism industry. Criteria will be based on creativity, innovation and/or measurable results in the areas of tourism promotion or development.
* Wade Westin Award for Marketing: This award will be given to a standout effort in marketing. The honor may go to a marketing project, a specific campaign, a marketing team or cooperative project or a marketing guru who uses innovative ideas to attract more attention and thus visitors to North Dakota. Nominations should include details of the marketing effort, how it was integrated and leveraged for maximum exposure and the measureable results. Nominations will be evaluated on uniqueness, innovation and results. Honors will only be given with the Award Committee’s approval of an exceptional marketing effort.
For more information, contact North Dakota Tourism at (800) 435-5663 or (701) 328-2525, or visit http://www.nd tourism.com/travel-indus try-conference-awards-nomination-form.