Northern Plains approves grants
The Northern Plains Electric Operation Round Up Board of Directors approved grants totaling $11,100 to help support worthy causes at its June meeting.
These charitable grants are made possible by Northern Plains Electric Cooperative members who voluntarily elect to have their electric bills rounded up to the next dollar. The donated amount averages about 50 cents a month for each participating member and raises approximately $37,000 each year.
Since the program’s beginning in October 1998, grants totaling $570,212 have been awarded to 754 local charitable causes.
Grants approved in June include:
To assist with medical expenses: Kyle Schroeder, Mark Miller, Illene Nelson and Rock Rindy, all Carrington; Greg Wald, Jamestown; Bob Backman, New Rockford; and Russell Maki, Maddock.
* Children’s Recreational Park, Juanita Lake, playground equipment.
* Marketplace for Kids, education day.
* Farm Rescue, program support for farmers in need.
* Silver Spur Saddle Club, Tappen, Youth Horse Show.
* Carrington Youth Center, furnace for center.
* Carrington City Park, playground equipment.
The Operation Round Up Board of Directors meets every quarter to disburse funds to worthy individuals and organizations. The board will meet again in September to view applications.
For more information about this program, contact Northern Plains Electric Cooperative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (800) 882-2500 or visit www.nplains.com.