Thursday's the deadline for Celebrations submissions
Wedding, engagement, anniversary, reunion, birthday and new arrival announcements are published in the Wednesday Celebrations section of The Jamestown Sun. There is a $15 publication fee charged for wedding, engagement and anniversary announcements, and a $10 publication fee for birth announcements. For those placing wedding, engagement, anniversary or new arrival announcements, one copy of the Wednesday Sun in which the announcement ap-pears is included in the fee. The copy of the newspaper must be picked up at The Jamestown Sun office, 121 3rd St. NW, Jamestown, within five days of publication.
To have the newspapers mailed, please make prior arrangements with the front counter staff at 701-252-3120. There will be an additional charge to have the newspapers mailed ($3, minus inserts).
Birthday, reunion and Eagle Scout announcements and five-generation photos are published in Celebrations one time at no charge.
The Sun reserves the right to control editorial content on all announcements in the Celebrations section.
Information submitted will be edited to fit Sun style guidelines. The use of color for photos is not guaranteed.
Following are specific guidelines for all announcements:
* Noon on Thursday is the deadline for all information submitted for Celebrations announcements.
* Due to space constraints, some information may not publish on the Wednesday specified, therefore the information will be held and published the following Wednesday. Consideration will be given to event dates.
* Anniversaries are published with or without photos for couples. Both the original wedding photo and a current photo may be submitted. For those wanting to use only one photo, only a current photo will be published.
* Information about milestone birthdays may be submitted with or without photos for 70th birthdays and older. Only a current photo will be published. The person’s age and city of residence should be included. There is no fee for birthday announcements.
* Engagement an-nouncements are published before a couple’s wedding; wedding a-nnouncements are published after the wedding and will be accepted for publication up to seven months after the event.
* New arrivals are published for babies age 1 year and younger; new arrivals can also announce a child’s adoption. A photo may be included with the announcement; photos will be cropped to fit Sun guidelines.
* Photos submitted for publication are not saved. To have a photo returned, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope or indicate that the photo will be picked up.
* Card showers for any event are not published in the Celebrations section. Contact the classified department at 252-3120 or 1-800-657-8067 or email classified@jamestownsun. com for cost information.
To submit information:
* Mail: Celebrations, The Jamestown Sun, PO Box 1760, Jamestown, ND 58402. Include a daytime telephone number in case of questions and enclose a check or money order for $15 made payable to The Jamestown Sun for engagement, wedding or anniversary announcements, or $10 for new arrival announcements. If mailing a photo that is to be returned, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
* Sun offices: Forms are available at the front counter of The Jamestown Sun, 121 3rd St. NW, Jamestown. To have a form mailed, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your form request to Celebrations, The Jamestown Sun, Box 1760, Jamestown, ND 58402.
For more information, call Kathy Steiner, managing editor, at 701-952-8449, or email ksteiner@ jamestownsun.com.