Updated cancellations and closings: City of Jamestown, Stutsman County offices; Jamestown schools, more
A variety of closures, cancellations and delays have already been announced:
* The Jamestown Sun will not have home delivery of its newspaper Tuesday morning due to the Interstate being closed. Papers will be delivered as soon as possible, and subscribers will be able to access the newspaper through a link on the Sun's website atwww.jamestownsun.com.
* Jamestown Public Schools dismissed at 1 p.m. All planned school activities have been canceled.
* The University of Jamestown closed at noon.
* The University of Jamestown/Valley City State University Job & Internship Fair in Valley City scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled, and people are encouraged to apply directly with employers atwww.uj.edu/participating-employers.
* Alfred Dickey Library closed at noon, and the meeting of the James River Valley Library System Library Board scheduled for 4 p.m. today was canceled.
* The Public Service Commission meeting slated for 9:30 a.m. tomorrow in Ellendale has been moved to 1 p.m. at the Fireside Restaurant in Ellendale.
* The Buffalo City Tourism Marketing Committee meeting has been postponed to noon tomorrow at the Tourism Office.
* Jamestown City Hall offices closed at 3 p.m.
* Stutsman County facilities closed at 1 p.m., including the Stutsman County Courthouse, Law Enforcement Center, Social Services, Road Department, North Dakota State University Extension and the Stutsman County Park Department.
* Coborn's will close at 6:45 p.m. today.
The Jamestown Police Department and North Dakota Highway Patrol remain open, and all essential services will continue operation throughout the storm event.