Rains temporarily close U.S. Highway 85 near north unit of Theodore Roosevelt National ParkDue to recent rains, U.S. Highway 85 has been temporarily closed approximately 16 miles south of Watford City near the North Unit of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
Due to recent rains, U.S. Highway 85 has been temporarily closed approximately 16 miles south of Watford City near the North Unit of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Detours have been set up and motorists are directed to use alternate routes on the following highways:
Alternate routes for cars and light trucks:
* Motorists traveling from Interstate 94 to Watford City or Williston should detour on N.D. 22 through Dickinson or N.D. 16 through Beach.
* Motorists traveling from Williston to Beach should detour on N.D. 68 near Alexander and then on N.D. 16 to Interstate 94.
* Motorists traveling from Williston to Dickinson should detour on N.D. 23 near Watford City to N.D. 73 and to N.D. 22 to Interstate 94.
* Motorists in the Watford City and Manning areas should detour on N.D. 23, N.D. 73 and N.D. 200.
Alternate route for truck traffic in place:
* All Interstate 94 load restricted truck traffic driving to the Williston area should use U.S. 83 north of Bismarck to U.S. 2 at Minot and then west to Williston.
Load restrictions on all highways will remain in effect including: ND 16, ND 68, ND 22 and ND 73.
Motorists are advised to slow down and follow detour signs.