Blood drive set for May 10-11Jamestown’s next blood drive will be held on May 10-11. The drive will be noon to 6 p.m. May 10 and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 11. The blood drive will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church.
Jamestown’s next blood drive will be held on May 10-11. The drive will be noon to 6 p.m. May 10 and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 11. The blood drive will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church.
Generally, most healthy people whose age is at least 16 (a minor consent form must be signed by a parent) and weigh at least 110 pounds may donate. There are people who may not realize they are qualified to donate. People who are taking vitamins, hormones, birth control pills, diet pills or antibiotics may donate.
Every donor must bring an ID to the blood drive. The ID must include your legal name plus one of these: date of birth, United Blood Services assigned number or photo.
Donors who are otherwise eligible to donate are unable to donate at this drive under the following circumstances:
* Donors cannot be accepted unless they know the name of their medications and the condition for which it is taken.
* Blood transfusion within the past 12 months.
* Must wait a day after last dosage of antibiotics taken for an infection.
* Cold and flu: must be “symptom-free” on the day of donation.
* Tattoos (unless received in South Dakota or North Dakota) defer a donor for 12 months.
“These qualifications may have some effect on persons who plan on donating blood at the next blood drive in Jamestown,” said Donna Gullickson, blood drive coordinator. “We encourage other citizens to take the place of donors unable to give at this time.”
People who have additional questions on donor qualifications or who wish to schedule an appointment may call Gullickson at 252-1136 or register online at bloodhero.com (Sponsor code: James-town).