What we think: Gray’s win earns him a bravoThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week
By: Sun Staff, The Jamestown Sun
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to the dedication last weekend of the Jamestown High School gymnasium in honor of Jerry Meyer. Meyer coached several championship boys’ basketball teams for JHS and also coached at Jamestown College.
* Bravo to the Skills Training Committee in Jamestown for offering a welding class through the Adult Learning program at the James Valley Career and Technology Center. The basic welding class will be offered starting at the end of January and continue into February. It’s an opportunity for area residents to get some training in what could lead to employment and for employers to get workers with basic skills they can build upon.
* Bravo to the election of Bert Blyleven to the Baseball Hall of Fame by the Baseball Writers’ Association. Blyleven earned induction into Cooperstown in his 14th time on the ballot.
* Bravo to Andy Gray of Jamestown, who won the North Dakota Texas Hold’em Championship on Jan. 1 in Minot. Gray won $40,000.
* Bravo to Jan Thompson, who recently retired from the position of Stutsman County auditor after 26 years of service to the county.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)