JC students merit bravo for their workThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to the news that Frontier Village brought more than $200,000 into Jamestown’s economy in 2010. The Village is a great attraction that gives people a great reason to stop in Jamestown instead of passing through on the highway.
* Bravo to students in Jamestown College’s Character in Leadership and the Community Action program they are helping with, which sends backpacks full of nutritious food home with local students so they don’t go hungry.
* Bravo to all the volunteers across the region who pitched in with preparing communities like Valley City, N.D., and Fargo for the floods of 2011.
* Bravo to the return of students to their classrooms at LaMoure Public School after a fire damaged the building two months ago. The students attended classes at the former Verona, N.D., school until their building was fixed.
* Bravo to all the people and organizations who helped 15-year-old Morgan Hayes celebrate her prom and birthday early as she is fighting two kinds of cancer.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)