Free course offered to veterans, othersDuring November, veterans and active military personnel and their dependents are eligible for a free AARP safe driving course. Whether they are active duty, retired, guard or reserve, they are eligible for this free, four-hour course. There is no age restriction.
During November, veterans and active military personnel and their dependents are eligible for a free AARP safe driving course. Whether they are active duty, retired, guard or reserve, they are eligible for this free, four-hour course. There is no age restriction.
The program, taught by trained AARP volunteers, helps drivers refine existing skills and develop safe driving strategies.
Military personnel and spouses with military identification are eligible. Participating veterans will be asked to complete a Veteran Participation Form, which will be provided by the instructor. A military or veteran organization identification card will be required.
The classes are open to anyone, including non-military. Course fees are $12 for AARP members and $14 for non-members. Those who complete the course are eligible for a discount on their auto insurance premiums of at least 5 percent. (The discount varies by company.)
November classes set in this area of the state:
* Nov. 2, Riverview Place, 5300 12th St. S., Fargo, 1 to 5 p.m., 701-237-4700
* Nov. 3, Medcenter One, 414 N. Seventh St., Bismarck, 1 to 5 p.m., 701-323-6011
* Nov. 7, VFW, 1326 E. Broadway Ave., Bismarck, 1 to 5 p.m., 701-255-2516
* Nov. 9, Ed Clapp Senior Center, 2801 32nd Ave. S., Fargo, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., 701-298-3976
* Nov. 15, St. Alexius Medical Center, 900 E. Broadway, Bismarck, 1-5 p.m., 701-530-7755
* Nov. 16, VFW, 308 Sheyenne St., West Fargo, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m., 701-282-4728
* Nov. 18, The Waterford, 1000 W. Century Ave., Bismarck, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., 701-323-7028
* Nov. 21, VFW, 138 E. Main St., Valley City, 1 to 5 p.m., 701-845-2764
* Nov. 29, AMVETS, 2402 Railroad Ave., Bismarck, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 701-224-0660.
For more information, go to www.aarp.org/nd or call toll-free, 1-888-227-7669.