Bravo to Run volunteers, registered participantsThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to Sonni Lagodinski, Edgeley, N.D., who is 18 years old and has already published two novels.
* Bravo to Jake Stilwell and Tygh Yatskis, Jamestown High School boys’ hockey players, who were named to the all-state hockey team.
* Bravo to all the volunteers who helped the Runnin O’ the Green set a new record with more than 2,200 registered participants this year, and to all the runners who contributed to the run’s efforts to help Elks Camp Grassick and local residents in need.
* Bravo to Alex Lind and Mercedes Westereng, Jamestown High School gymnasts, who were named to the all-state gymnastics team.
* Bravo to Alf Clausen, the longtime composer of “The Simpsons,” which surpassed the 500-episode mark this month. Clausen is a Jamestown High School graduate and has been composing for the show since 1990.
* Bravo to Dan Manjack, a contractor from Florida who is leading an effort to clean up the city of Williston, N.D. Manjack moved to Williston to build a man camp and now is recruiting oil companies and other businesses to contribute efforts to cleaning the trash and construction debris that litters the city’s ditches and intersections.
* Bravo to the launch of Jamestown College’s new radio station, KJKR, which broadcasts at 88.1FM. The 4,000-watt station will feature students on the air.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)