Bravo to Torch Run participantsThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos and a buffalo chip this week:
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos and a buffalo chip this week:
* Bravo to Jamestown’s five public elementary schools for passing the adequate yearly progress federal assessment standard.
* Buffalo chip to the person or people who are behind the thefts of flowers from graves around Memorial Day. Taking flowers from graves is a thoughtless act that wounds people who are remembering loved ones.
* Bravo to the organizers of a benefit this week for Jamestown resident Jerome Cichos and to all the people who contributed to the benefit. Cichos is fighting laryngeal cancer.
* Bravo to the 18th annual Kite Festival planned this weekend. Keep your eyes to the sky Saturday and Sunday around Jamestown and you’ll see some interesting airborne art.
* Bravo to the long-delayed completion of the Business Loop East project. The street is now much easier to drive and provides better access to eastern Jamestown.
* Bravo to all the Jamestown-area law enforcement officials who hit the road last week in the Torch Run for Special Olympics.
* Bravo to all the organizers and participants in last week’s Running of the Pink, which raises funds for Women’s Way.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)