Bravo to 817th for training exerciseThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to the gardeners who opened their yards this week for the American Association of University Women Garden Tour, which raises money for the AAUW’s education foundation. The featured gardeners this year were Paul and Kim Lunde, Frank and DeAnn Schumacher, John and Brenda Weron and John Zvirovski.
* Bravo to the 817th Engineer Company (Sapper) of Jamestown for its Sapper Stakes training exercise. The all-day exercise around Jamestown last week was the first of its kind for the North Dakota National Guard and tested the soldiers on many skills.
* Bravo to the Stutsman County Fair Board and all fair organizers and volunteers. Also, bravo to increased attendance at the 2012 county fair.
* Bravo to all the winners in the 4-H and Home and Hobby competitions at the Stutsman County Fair.
* Bravo to Nortonville, N.D., the LaMoure County town marking its centennial with a celebration this weekend.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)