Bravo to students, businesses for drive donationsThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
By: The Jamestown Sun, The Jamestown Sun
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to the North Dakota teenagers featured in Forum Communications feature Class Acts, which honored young people who work to improve their communities. Among those honored were Jamestown’s Hannah Heilman and Miah Dabill, who help with Special Olympics events.
* Bravo to Paul Butenhoff, the Jamestown restaurant manager who saved one of his employees from dying from a hornet sting by racing her to a clinic for help.
* Bravo to the partnership in athletics between Jamestown High School and Jamestown Regional Medical Center. JRMC will be the official sports medicine team for JHS.
* Bravo to the businesses that donated to a recent food drive for the Salvation Army, and to all the Jamestown elementary school students who collected the donations as a part of their afterschool program.
* Bravo to Marilyn Hagerty, the Grand Forks Herald columnist, who recently received the 2012 Al Neuharth Award for Excellence in the Media. The award is named for USA Today and Freedom Forum founder Al Neuharth, a South Dakota native.
* Bravo to the North Dakota Farmers Union and its employees for taking part in the Red Crops Ready Rating program. The program teaches businesses and organizations, and their employees, to prepare for disasters.
* Bravo to The Salvation Army, One Hour Martinizing and Ave Maria Village for continuing the Coats for Kids program. KVLY had discontinued the long-running program to try a different public relations program so these organizations stepped in to provide coats and other warm clothes to children in need.
* Bravo to Cory Anderson, Jamestown, who at age 46 carved up a team of players half his age Aug. 12 when he led the Jamestown Tarno Townies to an 8-2 win over the Fargo Jays in the Class AA championship game.
* Bravo to the Jamestown Hounds for winning the Class A state tournament Aug. 12, defeating Tolna 3-1.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)