Bravo to Schuchard for his serviceThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
By: The Jamestown Sun, The Jamestown Sun
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to the dedication of the Fern and Jon Liechty Fitness Center at Trinity Bible College. Jon Liechty donated about half of the $1 million cost for the 7,400 square-foot facility. The facility is expected to serve students, faculty and the community.
* Bravo to those who participated in the Freedom Walk, held on Tuesday in Jamestown. The walk on Patriot Day, on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S., honors those who serve our country in law enforcement, military and emergency response, and remembers those who died on the day of the attacks.
* Bravo to Jamestown College for again placing in the top tier of the Best Regional Colleges in the “Best Colleges 2013” rankings released Wednesday by U.S. News and World Report. The college received the ranking for the sixth consecutive year.
* Bravo to the Communities Mobilizing for Change on Alcohol group that is forming in Jamestown. Its goal is to make a long-term impact on curbing underage drinking.
* Bravo to Command Sgt. Maj. Robert Schuchard, who recently retired from the North Dakota National Guard after 34 years of service. Schuchard returned to Jamestown Thursday after a yearlong deployment to Kosovo on a NATO peacekeeping mission.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)