Diversity conference set at NDSUCultural Diversity Resources in partnership with North Dakota State University, Minnesota State University Moorhead and Concordia College will hold the fifth annual Diversity Conference from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 30 at NDSU’s Memorial Union.
Cultural Diversity Resources in partnership with North Dakota State University, Minnesota State University Moorhead and Concordia College will hold the fifth annual Diversity Conference from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 30 at NDSU’s Memorial Union.
The conference is geared for businesses, educators, community organizations and college students to provide a platform to discuss diversity and to learn how to work effectively with diverse groups of people for local, national and global competitiveness.
The workplace track topics include:
* measuring the impact of diversity training
* creating a supportive environment for healthy living choices
* recruiting, retaining and recognizing a diverse workforce
* common trends in the well-being of teens and youth
The education and community track topics include:
* understanding and addressing the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and their families
* getting students to thrive in all phases of college
* working effectively with people from all generations
* learning the social, economic, health and educational cultures and values of Bhutanese and Somalis
The keynote speaker will be Donald Asher, founder of Asher Associates and an internationally recognized author and speaker on topics of careers and higher education. His presentation is titled “Tying Your Education to the Career Marketplace.” He also will speak at concurrent sessions titled “Getting students to thrive in all phases of college” and “Working effectively with people from all generations.”
Continuing education units and recertification credits are available for human resources professionals.
To register or to find more information, visit www.cul turaldiversityresources.org or call 701-526-3000.
The registration fee is $100. The rate for Fargo-Moorhead Human Resources Association, Chamber of Commerce and Tri-College participants as well as groups with three or more attendees is $89. The student rate is $30 for the full conference and lunch or $15 without lunch.
The Diversity Conference will be followed by the Champions for Diversity Awards ceremony. Nominations for the diversity awards will be accepted until 5 p.m. Oct 15. For more information or to nominate a business, educational institution or community organization, visit www.culturaldiversityre sources.org.