Red Cross offers response coursesThe Buffalo Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is conducting Adult CPR/AED, Pediatric (Infant/ Child) CPR/AED and First Aid certification training courses.
The Buffalo Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is conducting Adult CPR/AED, Pediatric (Infant/ Child) CPR/AED and First Aid certification training courses.
Red Cross helps participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. The courses teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care of an injured or suddenly ill person:
* How to recognize an emergency and prioritize care
* Reduce risk of disease transmission
* Recognize signals of cardiac emergency, and how to care for a heart attack
* Demonstrate and perform CPR and learn how to use an AED
* How to handle breathing emergencies
* How to respond to common sudden illnesses, seizures, heat/cold related emergencies
* How to care for head, neck and spinal injuries, muscle, bone and joint injuries
* Demonstrate how to control bleeding.
A two-year certification is provided at the time of the class.
The following classes are scheduled:
Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED/First Aid Review: 6 to 10:30 p.m., Nov. 6, $90.
Adult and Pediatric First Aid/ CPR/AED: 6 to 9 p.m., Nov 8, Nov. 15, $110.
Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED: 6 to 10 p.m., Dec. 6, $70.
First Aid: 6 to 8 p.m., Dec. 13, $70.
For information on class schedules and registration, visit www.redcross.org or call 1-800-733-2767.