N.D. man says he will plead guiltyBISMARCK (AP) — A convicted felon who walked away from a Mandan halfway house says he will plead guilty in federal court.
By: Associated Press, The Jamestown Sun
BISMARCK (AP) — A convicted felon who walked away from a Mandan halfway house says he will plead guilty in federal court.
Dustin Hart has signed a plea agreement on an escape charge. He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison.
Staff members at the halfway house discovered that Hart was missing after they were alerted to the fact he had tampered with his GPS monitor on the afternoon of Sept. 22. He was scheduled to be released from the facility on Dec. 24.
Hart had been convicted in 2009 of possession of a firearm by a person convicted of domestic violence. He was in prison until July 14, when he was moved to the halfway house.