Bravo to success of Angel Tree programThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
* Bravo to Alex Schweitzer for his years of service on the Jamestown/Stutsman Development Corp. Board and as chairman of its executive board. He is stepping down from the organization because of increased duties for the North Dakota Department of Human Services.
* Bravo to Jamestown College graduates Dan Imdieke and Jim Haussler, who will be inducted into the North Dakota High School Coaches Association Hall of Fame. Imdieke has been teaching and coaching at Linton for 37 years and Haussler has been the athletic director for Bismarck Public Schools since 1992.
* Bravo to recent drops in gas prices. Some stations in the region are selling fuel for less than $3 a gallon.
* Bravo to Craig Bohl, North Dakota State University football coach, who was named coach of the year in the NCAA’s Football Championship Subdivision when he received the Eddie Robinson Award this week.
* Bravo to the success of the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program this year. The program arranged for gifts for 269 children in 114 area families.
* Bravo to the flexibility in school lunches the U.S. Department of Agriculture has provided recently to allow schools to provide more options in school lunches. The earlier limitations, meant to curb obesity, were too rigid and did not meet all students’ needs.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)