Jamestown Fire Department fire calls Feb. 22-28:
Feb. 25: 10:15 a.m., fire department responded to Watson Hall, Jamestown College, to a report of smoke in a dorm room. Fire was out upon arrival of fire units. Firefighters extracted smoke from the building and investigated. Cause: most probable smoking materials. No firefighter injuries. Time out: 45 minutes.
Feb. 26: 9:20 a.m., ready squad responded to 226 Third Ave. SW, single family dwelling, to investigate if carbon monoxide is present. Firefighters checked for carbon monoxide and 0 ppm was detected. Occupant was advised to replace the battery in the detector or replace it. Cause: detector malfunction. Time out: 20 minutes.
Feb. 26: 4:42 p.m., ready squad responded to 501 19th St. NE, Ave Maria Village, to investigate fire alarm activation. Firefighters checked for smoke/fire; none was found. Cause: accidental activation. Fire alarm was reset. Time out: 20 minutes.