Bravo to JHS girls hockey teamThe Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos and a buffalo chip this week:
The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos and a buffalo chip this week:
* Bravo to the Jamestown High School girls hockey team, who took fourth place at the state hockey tournament last week. This was the first time the team has made it to the tournament’s semifinals.
* Bravo to Amber Schaack, the Jamestown High School girls hockey player who was named the Senior Athlete of the Year. Schaack will play hockey for Concordia College next year.
* Bravo to all the donors to the Giving Hearts Day campaign, which raised $3.67 million for area nonprofits.
* Buffalo chip to the three Grand Forks Red River High School students who donned robes and hoods resembling Ku Klux Klan outfits at a February hockey game.
* Bravo to Jamestown senior Alex Lind, who took fourth place with a 37.67 in all-around at the state gymnastics meet last week.
* Bravo to the high crop values benefiting area farmers. The nine-county region including Stutsman County produced about $2 billion in crops last year.
(Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board)