NDSHS awards heritage grantsNorth Dakota’s history agency has awarded more than $307,000 in Cultural Heritage Grants for the coming year to 40 eligible organizations throughout the state. A total of 56 organizations from all areas of North Dakota applied for the grants from the State Historical Society of North Dakota, requesting more than $439,000.
North Dakota’s history agency has awarded more than $307,000 in Cultural Heritage Grants for the coming year to 40 eligible organizations throughout the state. A total of 56 organizations from all areas of North Dakota applied for the grants from the State Historical Society of North Dakota, requesting more than $439,000.
Under the guidelines, a maximum of $20,000 is available per grant, with a dollar-for-dollar match requirement. That match may be either in cash or in-kind services. Funding for these grants was approved by the 2009 Legislative Assembly.
The following are those area organizations awarded grants, the amounts they received, and a brief description of their project:
* Barnes County Historical Society, Valley City —Sewer system gate installation $1,000
* Dickey County Historical Society, Oakes — Dickey County Historical Society Building Rehabilitation $5,000
* Ellendale Historical Society, Ellendale — Coleman Memorial Museum Records Collections Project $2,475
* Enderlin Historical Society and Museum, Enderlin — Electrical system and exit door updates, archival supplies purchase $2,968
* Eddy County Museum, New Rockford — North Dakota Museum Assessment Program $10,000
* Green School Community Center, Valley City —Green School protection and preservation $9,085
* LaMoure County Museum Board, Grand Rapids —LaMoure County Museum and School House Rehabilitation $8,000
* McIntosh County Commission, Ashley — McIntosh County Historical Society Museum furnace replacement $3,526
* OPERA, Inc., Ellendale — Opera House Kitchen/ Green Room Storage Rehabilitation $5,000
* Stutsman County Memorial Museum, Jamestown — Photo Preservation Project $1,000
* Wells County Historical Society, Fessenden —Photo Archives and Exhibit Project $1,000
This is the first of two grant rounds for the 2009-11 biennium. In the second round, about $130,000 will be available — the announcement for applications for that second round will be made in February 2010.
For more information, contact the State Historical Society of North Dakota’s Grants and Contracts Officer Amy Munson at (701) 328-3573 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.