Janell Cole / N.D.?Capitol Bureau
The Liberty Memorial Building on the Capitol grounds housed the North Dakota Supreme Court and other agencies upon completion in 1924. The Supreme Court moved to the new Capitol in 1934 and moved again, into the Capitol’s Judicial Wing, in 1981. The court is now running out of space and wants a state study of possible additional space. The Liberty Memorial Building now houses only the state Library and the Department of Public Instruction’s special education unit.
Read the article: Court plea for space could bring new building