BBB BUZZ BBB Tips for Avoiding Rental Property Scams
Where do you turn if youre in the market for a new place to live?A lot of people go online to find affordable rental properties.But before beginning your search, the Better Business Bureau of Minnesot... Posted on 5/23/12 at 12:57 PM
With smoke filling the hallways and the sounds of smoke detectors buzzing around them, Jerome Jangula and his first-floor neighbor stopped at the door of the second-floor apartment unit that appeared to be spitting the most smoke.
Charly Haley, Forum News Service
, April 06, 2013
A small doe crashed through a window into a Grand Forks apartment Wednesday, creating a bloody scene before police officers caught and killed it.
“It was so badly injured, there wasn’t much we could do,” said Jean Youshefski, an animal warden with the police department. “We eventually had to euthanize it, just to put it out of its misery.”
By Archie Ingersoll, Forum Communications Co.
, June 04, 2010
An apartment fire on the top floor of 10-story high-rise in Minot left several residents suffering from smoke inhalation.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Keith Miller said the blaze broke out about 5 p.m. Monday. The cause wasn’t immediately known.
Moorhead police are looking for a man they consider a person of interest in an apartment fire where two people were found dead.
KFGO-AM in Fargo reports Monday that the 39-year-old man is also wanted on warrants unrelated to Friday’s fire.
A fire early Tuesday morning at an apartment building located at 424 Second Ave. S.W. displaced six people and caused an estimated $20,000 to $25,000 in damage. Fire officials say the situation would have been much worse if it weren’t for the action of a 3 1/2-year-old boy.
“The fire started in the bedroom area,” said Jim Reuther, Jamestown fire chief. “The woman was not in the bedroom but was alerted by her 3 1/2-year-old child. Basically the child saved their lives.”
One person is dead in an apartment building fire in Fargo.
Assistant Fire Chief Steve Balstad says the blaze happened late Wednesday and was confined to a corner apartment on the building’s third floor.
Authorities say a fire that did about $60,000 in damage to a Fargo apartment building had an unusual cause.
Fire Capt. Randy Weiss said the blaze is believed to have been ignited by a pet snake’s heat lamp that was knocked over, possibly by a cat.
The Jamestown Fire Department responded to a fire call Thursday afternoon at 1202 S. Riverside Drive, an apartment complex.
The fire department received the call at 2:45 p.m. and were on the scene for 30 minutes, said Jim Reuther, Jamestown Fire Department chief.
Reuther said a burner on the stove was left on and some plastics next to the stove were burnt, but there were no flames.
Jamestown College has received a big gift: a whole building.
Reuben and Clarice Liechty donated an apartment complex at 906 Eighth Ave. N.E. as part of their 2008 donation of $1 million for the renovation of Taber Hall. It will be used for student housing starting the fall of the 2009-2010 school year.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »