Weather Forecast


Fire damages basement bedroom

No one was injured in a house fire at 8171 31st St. SE, Friday, according to Rick Woehl, fire chief for the Jamestown Rural Fire Department.

The fire started at a space heater in a basement bedroom, Woehl said. The fire was limited to the bedroom although smoke was reported throughout the house.

“The damage was minimal compared to what it could have been,” he said.

The Rural Fire Department responded at about 12:05 p.m. and had 12 firefighters and four trucks on the scene for about an hour and a half.

Sun reporter Keith Norman can be reached at 701-952-8452 or by email at knor