The Board of University and School Lands (Land Board) is informing farmers and ranchers who lease state-owned trust lands that relief may be available if they are impacted by flooding.

Farmers and ranchers who are experiencing excessive flooding on land leased from the Land Board can contact the Department of Trust Lands at (701) 328-2800 and request a review to adjust rents.

During extreme weather conditions, lessees who lease land from the Land Board can also contact the department to request an emergency waiver to feed livestock on those lands.

Additionally, those who have received a farm loan from the Bank of North Dakota that is funded through the Land Board may contact their loan officer to discuss potential loan payment opportunities.

WDAY logo
listen live
watch live