The North Dakota Agricultural Products Utilization Commission has awarded grants to five projects totaling about $195,000, according to Doug Goehring, agriculture commissioner for North Dakota.
APUC meets quarterly and makes grants for research and development of new and expanded uses of North Dakota's agricultural products.
Receiving grants are:
- Butchers Edge of Edgeley, which received $61,500 to start a meat processing facility in Edgeley.
- Dyna-Flo Pump Co. was awarded $46,375 to establish a dealer network for the Dyna-Flo pump line.
- North Dakota Rural Electric Cooperative Foundation was awarded $30,000 to study the feasibility of a multi-species processing facility in southeast North Dakota.
- NHS Investments LLC was awarded $42,000 for marketing and promotion.
- InvisionIT LLC was awarded $15,000 to cover legal fees, patenting and licensing of a camera system for automatic tarp systems on semi-trailers.
For more information, visit https://www.nd.gov/ndda/apuc.