The Jamestown/Stutsman Development Corporation is launching a new internship program that is designed to increase the number of local internships and assist employers in workforce recruitment and retention. The program will contribute up to $3,500 to reimburse employers that are hiring university/college students to assist in the payroll costs. The program will be open to employers in Stutsman County.
The program guidelines are:
- The employer may be eligible for up to $3500 in reimbursement.
- Employers may be eligible for half the payroll cost to be reimbursed. For example, if the projected cost for the employer is $8,000, the employer would be eligible for up to $3,500. If the projected cost for the employer is $4,000, the employer would be eligible for $2,000.
- Employers can apply through the existing UJ Intern Program or directly to the JSDC.
- The JSDC will meet quarterly to award eligible employers.
- JSDC will select eligible employers for reimbursement after the deadlines. Specific dollar amounts would be determined for each selected at that time.
- The employer and Internship position must be located in Stutsman County.
- Employers must pay the intern $15 per hour.
- Must apply before the intern begins work
- The internship does not have to be for academic credit but is encouraged.
The application form is available at https://bit.ly/39Rwuai. Email completed applications to email@example.com.