NDSU Agronomy Seed Farm annual field tour set
The event is on July 18.
Wheat, soybeans, crop diseases and pests, and weed management are among the topics for the annual field tour on Monday, July 18, at North Dakota State University’s Agronomy Seed Farm.
The tour starts at 5 p.m. in the farm shop. The Agronomy Seed Farm is 1 mile west and 1 mile south of Casselton at 15449 37th St. SE.
NDSU research and Extension specialists will be on hand to discuss current crop issues and answer questions from producers and other visitors, said Brian Otteson, Agronomy Seed Farm director.
Tour topics and speakers include:
- Soybean research findings and current issues in soybean crop production – Hans Kandel, NDSU Extension broadleaf crop agronomist
- Insect pest update – Jan Knodel, NDSU Extension entomologist, and Pat Beauzay, research specialist
- Hard red spring wheat update – Andrew Green, NDSU hard red spring wheat breeder
- Update on current small-grain diseases and corn disease research – Andrew Friskop, NDSU Extension small-grains plant pathologist
- Update on economically important diseases in soybeans – Sam Markell, NDSU Extension plant pathologist
- Weed control update – Joseph Ikley, NDSU Extension weed specialist, and Kirk Howatt, NDSU weed scientist
Following the field tour, a meal will be served by NDSU’s Carnivore Catering. For more information, visit