A building in Robinson, N.D., has been added to the National Register of Historic Places, according to the State Historical Society of North Dakota.
The Robinson Hall was constructed in 1936 as a Works Progress Administration project. The WPA was a Great Depression-era program to create jobs in economically distressed communities.
The Robinson Hall was designed by Herman Leonhard as a city hall and community auditorium. Over the years, a fire hall, jail and stage were added to the facility.
Listing the property on the National Register of Historic Places adds prestige to the property, provides protection from adverse effects in federally assisted projects and provides eligibility for certain preservation financial incentives, according to Lorna Meidinger, architectural historian for the Historical Society of North Dakota.