South Central Homeless Coalition is having its 4th annual diaper drive for Region VI through Aug. 23. The coalition is accepting donations of the supplies themselves or monetary donations to purchase these items.
With regional participation, items and dollars donated at the collection sites will be able to stay in those communities within this region. Last year over $1,200 in donations from the drive was awarded to sites all around Region VI including Salvation Army and Region VI Community Action in Stutsman County, regional food pantries and county social services offices. The goal this year is to raise at least $5,000 worth of donations, diapers and wipes.
New and unused packages of diapers and wipes can be delivered at regional collection sites:
- Trinity Lutheran Church: 523 4th Ave. SE, Jamestown
- Great Plains Housing Authority: 300 2nd Ave. NE Ste 200, Jamestown
- Stutsman County Social Services: 116 1st St. E, Jamestown
- Central Valley Health District: 122 2nd St. NW, Jamestown
- LaMoure County Social Services: 202 4h Ave. NE (second floor), LaMoure
- Logan County Social Services: 301 Broadway, Napoleon
- Griggs County Social Services: 805 Odegard Ave. SW, Cooperstown
- Dickey County Social Services: 205 15th St. N, Ellendale
o Barnes County Social Services: 230 4th St NW #102, Valley City
Monetary donations can be made https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/diaper-drive-2019/ on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/donate/1215735515267813/ or mailed to South Central Homeless Coalition C/O GPHA 300 2nd Ave NE Suite 200 Jamestown, ND 58401.
For more information contact Coalition President Pastor Susan Haukaas at Trinity Lutheran Church at 252-2841.