Dog house fire damages garage in southwest Jamestown
The Jamestown Fire Department responded to a fire that destroyed a dog house and damaged a garage in Jamestown.
The Jamestown Fire Department responded to a fire that started in a dog house Wednesday morning, according to Sheldon Mohr, training officer of the department.
The department responded at 8:12 a.m. to 320 15th St. SW in Jamestown. Mohr said the fire started in a dog house that extended to the garage of the home. The cause of the fire was likely a heat lamp in the dog house and caused significant damage to the garage.
There were no injuries to people or dogs in the incident. Law enforcement officers had removed two animals from a fenced area of the dog house prior to the arrival of the Fire Department.
The Jamestown Fire Department responded with 23 firefighters and five units and were on the scene for less than one hour.