WAHPETON, N.D. — The Wahpeton man who was involved in a camper explosion and fire has died, according to the Richland County Sheriff's Office.
The camper exploded Tuesday night, Dec. 3. Michael Friederichs, 71, was taken to St. Francis Medical Center in Breckenridge, Minn., before being flown to Sanford Medical Center in Fargo, the sheriff's office says.
Friederichs died from his injuries late Wednesday. The cause of the explosion was determined to come from a faulty propane furnace in the camper, according to the sheriff's office.