Due to the Covid-19 pandemic; the 2020 Annual City-Wide Cleanup in Jamestown is canceled.
The city noted that residents may dispose of 500 pounds per month at one visit free at the baler facility. Proof of Jamestown residency is required.
People may bring their materials to the City Baling Facility located at 3020 18th St. SE during the following hours:
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
WHAT IS ACCEPTED
• Automotive oil
• Branches and grass clippings can be left outside the gate at the existing disposal sites.
• Basic household items-clothing, furniture, toys, mattress, etc.
• Building, remodeling, landscaping debris, lumber, carpet and padding, wall board, tile, tubs, sinks, doors, windows, gutters, fencing, non-creosoted landscaping timbers, brick pavers, etc.
• Carpeting and padding.
• Tires. A fee will be charged depending on tire size.
• Paint, solvents, thinners, primers, varnishes, stains and similar items in their original containers. Liquids must be in original containers with a readable label.
• Items that can be recycled (see Recycling section)
• No appliances (for example, no stoves, dishwashers, washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, water heaters, items that use Freon)
• No automotive products (antifreeze, 6 & 12-volt lead-acid batteries).
• No vehicles, vehicle parts, boats
• No powered lawn mowers; propane tanks, gas cans with any contents
WHERE TO DISPOSE OF PRACTICALLY ANYTHING
Recycling - Contact Recycle North Dakota with questions about recycling. Cardboard, newspaper, white paper, colored paper, books, magazines, unwanted mail, cereal boxes, aluminum cans, tin cans, most plastics, sorted glass, clothing and shoes are accepted at the Recycle ND Facility.
Appliances, boats, metals, vehicles, vehicle batteries - Take to Gerdau Ameristeel or West End Hide, Fur & Metal Co. There may be a disposal charge for these items.
Snowblowers, lawnmowers, propane tanks and metal gas cans can be taken to Gerdau Ameristeel, West End Hide & Fur and the City Baler/landfill. Drain liquids and gas; leave caps or valves open on the containers or tanks for safety reasons.
Biomedical waste - Contact Central Valley Health, Jamestown Regional Medical Center, or your local clinic or pharmacy for instructions.
Clothing and shoes – If clean, donate to local Goodwill, or other charitable organizations. If not suitable, take to Recycle North Dakota or dispose in trash.
• City Baler/Landfill, 3020 18th St. SE, 701-252-5223
• Recycle North Dakota, 1016 10th St SE, email@example.com 701-320-9218
• Gerdau Ameristeel Recycling, 1510 10th St SE 701-252-0110
• West End Hide, Fur & Metal Co., 3445 82nd Ave SE 701-252-0150
• Central Valley Health, 122 2nd St NW 701-252-8130
• Jamestown Regional Medical Center, 2422 20th St SW 701-952-1050