Jamestown Fire Department responds to oven fire
The Jamestown Fire Department responded to an oven fire on Friday morning, Sept. 30.
JAMESTOWN — The Jamestown Fire Department responded to an oven fire on Friday morning, Sept. 30, in southwest Jamestown, according to Lt. Sheldon Mohr.
Four units and 20 firefighters responded to 1130 Western Park Village at about 8:45 a.m. Firefighters were on scene for about 20 minutes.
Mohr said the occupant of the home had extinguished the fire with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived. He said the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction with the oven.
No injuries were reported.
The Jamestown Police Department also responded to the scene.