Jamestown Fire Department ventilates apartment building after cooking fire
No injuries were reported.
The Jamestown Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in an apartment building early Saturday, said Chief Jim Reuther.
The Fire Department was dispatched at about 12:47 a.m. to 516 19th St. SW, a three-story apartment complex.
Reuther said the call was reported as smoke throughout the building’s hallways and it was determined that an unattended cooking fire in an apartment was the cause. The fire was out when firefighters arrived and the occupant of the apartment declined medical treatment, he said.
Firefighters used vans to ventilate the building. Reuther did not know the number of apartment units in the building.
Twenty-two firefighters and six units were at the scene. The department left the scene at 1:33 a.m., Reuther said. There was undetermined damage, he said.
No injuries were reported, Reuther said.