Jamestown Fire Department ventilates smoke from apartment building on Sunday
No damage was reported.
An unattended cooking fire in Jamestown on Sunday, Nov. 7, caused no damage, said Lt. Sheldon Mohr, Jamestown Fire Department.
The department was dispatched at 2:18 p.m. Sunday to 1321 5th St. NE, where smoke was reported in a hallway of the apartment building, coming from an apartment.
Firefighters were at the scene for about 30 minutes, Mohr said, ventilating the building of smoke. There were five units and 18 firefighters at the scene, and no damage was reported.
On Friday, Nov. 5, the department responded to a report of a power pole sparking at 8:02 p.m. at 1530 6th Ave. SW.
Mohr said four units and 16 firefighters responded, standing by until Otter Tail Power Co. arrived. The Fire Department was at that location for about 45 minutes, and no damage was reported.
At 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 5, the Jamestown Rescue Squad responded to a farm accident at 7400 block of 30th Street Southeast. Mohr said a person had a hand stuck in a baler. Two units from the rescue squad were at the scene for 55 minutes and the victim was extricated from the machine, he said. Also responding were Jamestown Rural Fire Department and Jamestown Ambulance.