ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

JFD responds to report of smoke caused by unattended cooking

Six units and 18 firefighters responded to 407 15th Ave. NE at about 11 a.m.

JSSPN Fire calls
We are part of The Trust Project.

JAMESTOWN — The Jamestown Fire Department responded to a a report of smoke caused by unattended cooking in an apartment complex Friday, Sept. 9, in northeast Jamestown, according to Jim Reuther, fire chief.

Six units and 18 firefighters responded to 407 15th Ave. NE at about 11 a.m. Reuther said the fire was out on arrival and wasn't sure if there was a fire.

He said smoke was present from unattended cooking. He said firefighters exhausted the smoke out of the building with an electric fan.

No injuries were reported. Firefighters were on scene for about 20 minutes.

Our newsroom occasionally reports stories under a byline of "staff." Often, the "staff" byline is used when rewriting basic news briefs that originate from official sources, such as a city press release about a road closure, and which require little or no reporting. At times, this byline is used when a news story includes numerous authors or when the story is formed by aggregating previously reported news from various sources. If outside sources are used, it is noted within the story.
What To Read Next
An eastern cottontail tries to warm up in the sun on a cold day.
The project will enhance riparian park woodlands along the James River.
City crews continue snow removal across town.
Gate City Bank will also give $5,000 each to five other charities.