The Jamestown Sun hands out these bravos this week:
- Bravo to the Region 3 champion Carrington High School girls basketball team, which qualified for the state Class B tournament in Minot.
- Bravo to another COVID-19 vaccine being expected to be available in North Dakota. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which is a single dose, is expected to be shipped to states. That makes the third vaccine to be used to vaccinate people for the coronavirus. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are already being used in North Dakota.
- Bravo to Dave Tews, longtime Jamestown High School gymnastics coach who has officially retired from coaching with the end of the season. Tews has coached gymnasts at JHS for 43 years and was recently named the 2021 NDHSCA Gymnastics Coach of the Year. And bravo to Rachel Schiele, JHS senior who was named the 2021 NDHSCA Gymnastics Senior Athlete of the Year.
- Bravo to the Blue Jay gymnastics team, which took third in the state gymnastics meet, held in Jamestown. And bravo to Haley Nelson, a junior, who placed third in the all-around competition.
- Bravo to Mason Walters who was recently named the Great Plains Athletic Conference player of the year. Walters, a native of Jamestown who plays for the University of Jamestown, leads the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics with 21 double-doubles and 326 total rebounds.
Editorials are the opinion of Jamestown Sun management and the newspaper’s editorial board.