No. 5 Ellendale boys, No. 8 Oakes girls place in latest Class B polls
The Cardinals are ranked for the fourth consecutive week.
JAMESTOWN — For the first time this season there is a unanimous No. 1 team in both the girls' and boys' Class B basketball polls. The top team in the girls' poll is Thompson and the top team in the boys' poll remains Four Winds-Minnewaukan.
The No. 1 Honkers are coming off a 2-0 week to push their record out to 14-1. The No. 1 Indians went 2-0 to push their overall record out to 11-0. Behind the Indians the top seven of the boys' poll stays the same with Central Cass staying at No. 2, followed by Bishop Ryan, Sargent County, Ellendale, Thompson and Beulah.
Last week’s top team in the girls' poll was Rugby who drops to No. 2 in the latest poll after they lost to now No. 6 Shiloh Christian on Jan. 28. There are only two teams in the girls poll to stay where they were last week as Central Cass stays at No. 5 and Garrison stays at No. 7. Last week, the Squirrels went 2-0 to push their record out to 11-3. Last week, the Troopers went 2-0 to push their season record to 15-1.
The only local team to make the girls' poll is the Oakes Tornadoes who rise one spot from No. 9 to No. 8 thanks to a 3-0 week in which they outscored their opponents 167-92.
The highest-ranked local team in either poll is the Ellendale Cardinals boys' basketball team which is ranked No. 5 thanks to a 14-0 record. Last week, the Cardinals went 2-0 outscoring their opponents 132-106. The Cardinals are one of four undefeated teams in the boys' poll.
Full polls below:
10th girls poll:
- Thompson (16): 14-1, last week 2
- Rugby: 14-1, last week 1
- Central McLean: 16-1, last week 4
- Kenmare-Bowbells: 15-2, last week 3
- Central Cass: 11-3, last week 5
- Shiloh Christian: 13-2, last week 8
- Garrison: 15-1, last week 7
- Oakes: 13-2, last week 9
- Bowman County: 15-1, last week 10
- May-Port-CG: 13-3, last week 6
RV: Carrington (13-3), Northern Cass (12-4), Beulah (11-5), Kidder County (13-3), Kindred (10-4).
Ninth boys poll:
- Four Winds-Minnewaukan (16): 11-0, last week 1
- Central Cass: 14-0, last week 2
- Bishop Ryan: 11-1, last week 3
- Sargent County: 13-0, last week 4
- Ellendale: 14-0, last week 5
- Thompson: 9-3, last week 6
- Beulah: 10-1, last week 7
- Shiloh Christian: 8-3, last week unranked
- Grafton: 8-3, last week 9
- Bowman County: 11-2, last week unranked
RV: North Border (10-2), North Prairie (12-2), Standing Rock (10-2).